[lbo-talk] Strauss Kahn

Dissenting Wren dissentingwren at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 24 13:19:44 PDT 2011

I asked you for a "credible alternative theory."  In my world, credible alternative theories have a little bit of evidence attached to them.  What you provided in response was this:

"I have no idea what happened obviously, but since you ask for a credible alternative theory, I would offer you these completely hypothetical choices: (1) a paid encounter; (2) a paid encounter gone wrong; (3) a misunderstanding over the exact terms of the encounter. I'll just point out that there have been many leaks from both the prosecution and the defense hinting that these scenarios were considered and might have been raised had things gone further."

So there you go.  You proposed prostitution as a "credible alternative theory" and the only evidence you provided was an obscure intimation of "leaks … hinting that these scenarios were considered."  In the immortal word of William Gaines . . . blecch!

> --SA's willingness to proffer the alternative scenario that she's a prostitute, in the absence of any evidence.

This is ridiculous. *You* were the one who demanded an alternative scenario - since apparently no other scenario could possibly be believed. I gave you three hypothetical scenarios. Now you're complaining I don't have all the evidence to back them up. Well, of course I don't - they were hypothetical!