[lbo-talk] this sucks about joe noonan

shag carpet bomb shag at cleandraws.com
Thu Aug 25 16:27:08 PDT 2011

At 05:41 PM 8/25/2011, Doug Henwood wrote:

>On Aug 25, 2011, at 5:32 PM, shag carpet bomb wrote:
>
> > Anyway, he's an old friend and someone old timers here will remember
> Joe from this list and its precursor, Bad Subjects list. His name was Joe
> Noonan, he lived in Houston, and he sometimes went by the handle, "budge".
> >
> > Noonan passed away. The date is incorrect, but the obit is for reals.
> It mentioned his wife, his ex-partner, and I see the names of people in
> the comments section to whom he sometimes referred in our conversations
> about his work.
>
>Oh man, that's sad. I liked Joe. 51, man, that's young.
>
>Doug

Yeah. I'm not sure what happened but I've made a few inquiries and will let everyone know what I find out. I called his phone but obviously it isn't working and when I didn't get through earlier this year, I chalked it up to a misdial.

Ayup. Well, gittin' to be that age where I should start reading obits I guess. I never understood that one.... lots of people do it. Mom told me she does it. Really? Why? Isn't there something better to do than find something to mope around about all day? Alas, to each his own, I guess.

They must have a social media app out there, to which you can sub. Give them your personal info - high school, hometown, former names, former workplaces -- and you'll get obits based on likely matches of people you know. If they don't have such a thing, someone should make one.... ravi?