[lbo-talk] this sucks about joe noonan

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Thu Aug 25 18:37:16 PDT 2011

On 8/25/2011 6:27 PM, shag carpet bomb wrote: Ayup. Well, gittin' to be that age where I should start reading obits I guess. I never understood that one.... lots of people do it. Mom told me she does it. Really? Why? Isn't there something better to do than find something to mope around about all day? Alas, to each his own, I guess.

When I still had eyes, from around 2000 on obits were the first section of the local paper I would look at. And when each issue of the Hopwood newsletter arrives I hold my breath till I've checked the section on deaths.

One of the penalties of longevity is the way friends and relatives drop away.

I had several pleasant off-list exchanges with Joe Noonan. He is a loss.

Carrol