[lbo-talk] Behind the News

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Sat Aug 27 13:40:40 PDT 2011

On Aug 27, 2011, at 4:21 PM, Chuck Grimes wrote:

> Behind the news interview with Cockburn was hilarious, snotty, news gossip and a fun listen to. As a newspaperman's kid it was also nostalgia about the oily smell of newsprint and presses, heavy black carbon mark-up pencils and copy editing, typewriters, telephones, linotype cast lead machines, chronic alcoholism, lung disease and driving home in the middle of the night in my jammies with Dad watching the blinking stop lights and super wide blouvards out to the Valley from downtown.
>
> Cockburn does that snotty English news guy really well.

Did you hear the bird? We did it on Skype, which has better sound quality than a regular phone, but does flake out now & then. (I had to edit around a few of those flake-outs.) Thanks to the video, I could see that he had a cockatiel on his shoulder for much of the interview.

http://www.easycartsecure.com/LeftBusinessObserver/renewals.html