[lbo-talk] $39,000 handbag

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Sun Aug 28 06:42:22 PDT 2011

On 8/28/2011 3:30 AM, Joseph Catron wrote:

I've been abusing the hell out of friends on Facebook who have been fishing for sympathy over their lack of power. "You had a blackout? With no electricity? Why, you poor thing! Let me call some of my Gaza friends to tell them, and we'll all feel sorry for you together!"

You abuse them; I abuse you.

This is vicious and reactionary nonsense. It implies, whether you know it or not, that we should give up all attempts to change thee world if we live in the U.S. or EU -- we have it so good why should we bother. And of course, not botherign includes not botherign to affect U.S./EU middle east policy.

Quite frankly, I think you have written the most reactionary and anti-political post in the history of lbo-talk. Moralistic, heavy-handed, anti-working class, horseshit.

Carrol