[lbo-talk] $39,000 handbag

Joseph Catron jncatron at gmail.com
Sun Aug 28 08:14:50 PDT 2011

On Sun, Aug 28, 2011 at 5:03 PM, Carrol Cox <cbcox at ilstu.edu> wrote:

I should have added: No amount of humor or qualification can excuse
> moralism, ironic or straight. Too many leftistts over the decades have
> self-destructed in this way. Joseph probably didn't mean to, but he
> expressed the perspective that generated Weatherman political trash. I
> never find such garbage funny.

Carrol, no one here has ever taken your anti-moralistic pretensions seriously; all they do is obligate you to find new words for your own moralism ("I think one can maintain as a historical fact that the use of torture constitutes a violation of solidarity," etc.). Perhaps a man your age needs a hobby, but you very routinely engage in the kind of sermonizing that has far more to do with moralism than my amusement at others' reaction to the effects of (and I emphasize) A NATURAL DISASTER. Your aversion to the Weathermen notwithstanding, you do understand what weather is, yes?