[lbo-talk] $39,000 handbag

shag carpet bomb shag at cleandraws.com
Sun Aug 28 18:29:16 PDT 2011

> On Aug 28, 2011, at 7:36 PM, shag carpet bomb wrote:
>
>> i'm pretty sure that a kinky polyamorous asexual has *got* to be the
>> most oppressedest of all.
>
> But think of how often and multiply they get laid! That's oppression?

but they are asexual! so even if they are born that way - born to be kinky and born to be polyamorous - they aren't interested in fucking. and in spite of all this criticism of our puritan roots didn't you know that it sucks sucks sucks to be asexual in this society. it's a legitimate sexual identity and people are sick sick sick of the constant assumption that the goal in life is to have sex sex sex damn it! it is not that i'm a prude. it is not that i hate sex. i just don't want sex and if someone doesn't recognize the legitimacy of my identity and my right to be the only person who speaks about the legitimacy of that oppression and the only person who can ever actually say anything about it and who should never ever have to endure a question or criticism of anything about it i'm gonna explode.

sheesh

shag

(all of which is not say, for the benefit of newbs to this list, that i am hostile to identity politics. i have a sympathetic critique of id politics, it just isn't the critique a lot of folks on this list and lefties in general tend to dole out. kthnxbai)