[lbo-talk] popularizing philosophy

Dennis Claxton ddclaxton at earthlink.net
Sun Aug 28 23:29:58 PDT 2011

At 10:31 PM 8/28/2011, Jeffrey Fisher wrote:

>along with this one, I could make a whole class out of it, probably.
>
>http://www.amazon.com/End-product-first-Dan-Sabbath/dp/091635475X

Reviewed in Drummer (review starts halfway down):

http://www.jackfritscher.com/Drummer/Issues/022/End%20Product.html

END PRODUCT: THE FIRST TABOO by Dan Sabbath and Mandel Hall, Preface by Abby Rockefeller. URIZEN BOOKS, N.Y., 1977. 287 pp. by Jack Fritscher

SOMETIMES IT’S BEST JUST TO DIVE RIGHT INTO a shitty job. Shit used to be something that we dropped behind us as we scooped out the maze of life. No more. In End Product: The First Taboo, shit assumes a life of its own, rising from your American-Standard porcelain bowl to become money, power, sex, sin–plus twelve vitamins, fourteen minerals (including silver), chlorine, and eight natural soaps. Shit, we are told, as it wends its way through the intestines taking its own sweet time, might well be considered an organ of the body. It nurtures us and the friendly flora which protect our health. And it doesn't taste so bad either. Trouble is, we don't know shit about it, and have even less respect for it.

[...]