[lbo-talk] Information warfare: Fake images of Green Square?

Dennis Redmond metalslorg at gmail.com
Mon Aug 29 10:10:51 PDT 2011

On Sat, Aug 27, 2011 at 10:29 PM, Fernando Cassia <fcassia at gmail.com> wrote:

> our consent. Even last night, from the BBC to Al-Jazeera, the flow of
> misinformation was as rampant as it has been for weeks on end.

The people who claim Libya's revolution is some CIA covert op are completely and totally delusional. Click "Libya", "Misurata", "Benghazi" into Youtube and you'll get a tsunami of citizens' media, documenting every step of the revolution. Search for "Alex Crawford" for some of the best journalism of the revolution. Twitter has countless feeds from eyewitnesses and people on the ground. There are countless stories coming out about the brutality of the regime, the mass murders it committed, the innocents it jailed -- and there are also plenty of stories about how decently the revolutionaries are treating former regime soldiers.

Also, the name of the square is Martyr's Square (Qaddafi changed it as part of his demented rule).

-- DRR