[lbo-talk] $39,000 handbag

Joseph Catron jncatron at gmail.com
Mon Aug 29 11:45:20 PDT 2011

On Mon, Aug 29, 2011 at 8:15 PM, shag carpet bomb <shag at cleandraws.com>wrote:

He
> says that he has gotten a great deal of enjoyment out of abusing them

Shag, you really should stop making up statements and attributing them to other people. That's twice you've done it to me in this thread alone, and it makes it much harder to take the rest of what you have to say seriously. (For the record, I can't remember the last time I have "gotten a great deal of enjoyment" out of any online exchange. They're good for idly passing the time, and occasionally sharing useful information.)

> 3. in the u.s., they are from upper middle class families

How would you know? Apparently you can tell not only thoughts others have never expressed, but the social backgrounds of people whose identities are a mystery to you! Let the rest of us in on your secret?

> 5. you, the reader, don't think, "gee, that sucks. i'm sorry you don't
> have power dudes. chin up."

Which would simply be silly, when my power goes out four times daily.

> joe does agree that there are some oppression(s) that matter more than
> others.

Now you're getting ontological. What does it mean for a thing to "matter"? To whom? On what basis? I believe the word I either used or agreed to was "worse". And I also said that anyone who doesn't think having your child killed by an airstrike is "worse" than (for example) having your labor exploited by Bell Labs is "on crack." Those are my actual positions here, like 'em or not.