[lbo-talk] Hemingway on Pound...

123hop at comcast.net 123hop at comcast.net
Mon Aug 29 20:33:55 PDT 2011

We also have to thank him for resurrecting Vivaldi's music.

J.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Carrol Cox" <cbcox at ilstu.edu>

Pound could be (and usually was) a man of almost incredible generosity. Quite a complicated fellow. In a conversation with Ginsberg he denounced his own earlier antisemitism --BUT he didn't seem to acknowledge how _vicious_ its effects could be. He treated it as merely stupidity on his part -- a merely personal error.

Hemingway wrote a short piece on Pound with interesting comments on Pound and Stein as literary advisors. Stein was always right. Pound was either right or obviously wrong.

Carrol