[lbo-talk] Yanis Varoufakis: Modest proposal interview

Michael Pollak mpollak at panix.com
Tue Aug 30 18:29:19 PDT 2011

Doug had has like 10 wonderful interviews with Yanis on his show. But 9 of those have focused primarily on their analysis of the unfolding Euro crisis, and only secondarily on his Yanis's "Modest Proposal" for fixing it. (The exception that proves the rule was on an interview directly on the proposal, but on its first incarnation in Monthly Review back in November. Yanis is now up to at least his third revision, which is co-authored with Stuart Holland and posted at the Levy Institute Website.)

For those of us who have worked our way through his various iterations of the proposal, and been following his blog, I found this interview to be his best single explanation why it is structured in this particular way rather than others, and at answering the most common objections:

http://yanisvaroufakis.eu/2011/08/29/hour-long-radio-interview-91-5fm-wnye-new-york-on-the-eurozone-crisis-and-the-modest-proposal/

Michael