[lbo-talk] looks like end of Occupy Los Angeles

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Thu Dec 1 18:52:21 PST 2011

Not me -- but I have said that it _will_ end, and that that end will not be a defeat, because of the world-wide triumphs already gained. But at some point other modes (plural modes) of struggle will have to emerge. And that is mostly up to varying trends & concerns not directly linked to OWS.

All the nay-saying about OWS at the beginning was grounded in a mechanical idea of "success," and that will emerge again when the Occupations end. I want it labelled in advance that such self-satisfied weeping over the "failure" of OWS is labeled in advance as vicious nonsense.

Carrol

-----Original Message----- From: lbo-talk-bounces at lbo-talk.org [mailto:lbo-talk-bounces at lbo-talk.org] On Behalf Of Julio Huato Sent: Thursday, December 01, 2011 8:01 AM To: Lbo Talk Lbo Talk Subject: [lbo-talk] looks like end of Occupy Los Angeles

Who says this "looks like the end" of anything?