[lbo-talk] "I'm so scared of this anti-Wall Street effort. I'm frightened to death"

Julio Huato juliohuato at gmail.com
Fri Dec 2 06:30:08 PST 2011

SA wrote:

> "I'm so scared of this anti-Wall Street effort. I'm frightened to death,"
> said Frank Luntz, a Republican strategist and one of the nation's
> foremost experts on crafting the perfect political message. "They're
> having an impact on what the American people think of capitalism."

Nothing original, but as I'm trying to dig out an old post of mine, this seems to bear relation to the topic:

Tue, 11 Nov 2008 12:48:11 -0800:

> Note that I'm not arguing that the Keynesian remedy doesn't lead to
> other problems. In any case, the limit of capital is capital itself
> as a social relation. The ultimate basis of capital is inequality
> plus markets. Keynesians are willing to violate the market principle
> to save capitalism from itself. It's silly to pretend that their
> approach is entirely ineffectual. On the other hand, increasingly
> productive human beings are never going to accept inequality or
> alienation as facts of nature. Nothing will save capitalism from the
> power of united, organized, conscious, militant workers.

Full post here:

http://www.mail-archive.com/pen-l@lists.csuchico.edu/msg05609.html

Some readers may also find this post of some interest. It's how things look to me in the fall of 2008:

http://www.mail-archive.com/pen-l@lists.csuchico.edu/msg04977.html