[lbo-talk] lbo-talk Digest, Vol 1770, Issue 1

Nicholas Roberts nicholas at themediasociety.org
Sat Dec 3 19:43:51 PST 2011

Better get used to more extreme weather, my wife is a NASA/GIS trained climate scientist and she has been running the numbers for Arctic ice and this year has been one of the worst. Also, fuel consumption is up (in a recession)

maintaining urban camps with the internal contradictions of any microcosm of society today would of been too much

if I was an elite, I would of let the camps run through the winter.

you'd have deaths, disease and de-mobilisation. It would of been fertile ground for provocateurs, idiots and the insane

the root problems of that created Occupy etc are not going away and a winter of re-organization is going to be a lot easier when its not all about staying warm and dry ..

I am disappointed the Occupy campers didn't wake-up to the reality that they would get evicted and focus on at least one major goal (within a wider campaign of political spectacle) i.e. homelessness

all those poor people who found friends in the camps will now be going it alone again, that's a real tragedy

From: Dennis Claxton <ddclaxton at earthlink.net> Subject: [lbo-talk] Occupy L.A. news

Of course it should have read "end of the beginning." (Curiously enough, if the encampment at city hall had lasted 24 hours more, it might have literally been blown away by freakish winds) :