[lbo-talk] The New Anarchists

Wendy Lyon wendy.lyon at gmail.com
Mon Dec 5 08:03:17 PST 2011

On 5 December 2011 03:48, <123hop at comcast.net> wrote:

> In fact, I thought the whole point of the Euro zone was to permit this
> free movement of people, but if anything it has given neoliberalism a freer
> hand.
>
> If I'm missing something, let me know.

Yes, you're missing that that wasn't the whole point! The European project (I assume you mean that and not the Eurozone specifically, which is even less about free movement of people) is as much about free movement of capital and commodities.

And even the free movement of "people" is more accurately described as free movement of workers. There are a few exceptions, but generally speaking, the right of a citizen of one EU country to take up residence in another is dependent on them finding work in that country.