[lbo-talk] posh as fuck

Michael Smith mjs at smithbowen.net
Mon Dec 5 14:25:56 PST 2011

On Mon, 5 Dec 2011 16:54:05 -0500 Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com> wrote:

> I understand the cookshops argument. Who knows what
> might happen, etc.? But it's also a cop-out. It relieves
> you of having to say anything. Which is mighty convenient.

Doug, do you even read the posts you reply to? For what it's worth, I *gave* my own cookshop recipe somewhat earlier today: Free, no grades, no degrees, open to everybody. If you want to compare cookshop recipes -- and you apparently do -- then I've shown you mine. Show us yours.

This is not *quite* a parlor game, I admit. It enables us to figure out where our interlocutors are 'coming from', as they say, and it helps to tease out unexamined assumptions.

-- --

Michael J. Smith mjs at smithbowen.net

http://stopmebeforeivoteagain.org http://www.cars-suck.org http://fakesprogress.blogspot.com

Any proposition that seems self-evident is almost certainly false.