[lbo-talk] posh as fuck

Michael J. Smith mjs at smithbowen.net
Tue Dec 6 08:53:26 PST 2011

On Tue, December 6, 2011 11:24 am, Doug Henwood wrote:

> The last phrase makes my point. The right hates academia because it's
> their political enemy.

Sure, within the sharply limited context of the factional duopoly. That doesn't imply that Academe is in any way inimical or problematic for the larger system, of which liberals and 'The Right' are interlocking components.

> Sometimes I think that the right takes ideas more seriously than the left.

They certainly think they do, anyway. And then, aren't Lefties supposed to be ... materialists, or something?