[lbo-talk] posh as fuck

Michael Smith mjs at smithbowen.net
Tue Dec 6 11:19:48 PST 2011

On Tue, 6 Dec 2011 13:54:22 -0500 Alan Rudy <alan.rudy at gmail.com> wrote:

> Well, thank goodness I was putting forth just the argument you say I was
> making... otherwise you'd have no point to make.
>
> And thank goodness you cleared up the fact that an argument which
> denigrates defending the repeatedly dissed "status quo" also means
> supporting resistance to neoliberalism, 'cuz they sound different to me.

I'm finding some of this rather hard to parse. May one ask what subject you teach?

> Last point, as Doug pointed out moments ago... there's this guy, who's like
> famous and stuff on the left, who wrote a great deal about imminence

Oh, you meant imm_a_nent. With an A. Hadn't realized. I was barking up the leaning tree (minens) rather than the abiding tree (manens).

-- --

Michael J. Smith mjs at smithbowen.net

http://stopmebeforeivoteagain.org http://www.cars-suck.org http://fakesprogress.blogspot.com

Any proposition that seems self-evident is almost certainly false.