[lbo-talk] Boots Riley on Occupy vs Decolonize

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Tue Dec 6 15:02:54 PST 2011

Doug Henwood:

Shag: > saw this on FB. Boots kicks ass!

I was gonna post this but you beat me to it. It's terrific.

But you DID post it! But you are right, it's terrific. The decolonize fuss is a real solidarity-breaker. And I might as well add this footnote: this is the reason I've been calling attention to the Panthers. They were _the_ breakthrough against the kind of politics Boots is fighting. They were firm in their rejection of Black Identity Politics. In fact that opposition got two of them murdered by members of US (a Black nationalist group).

Carrol