[lbo-talk] the beating heart of oakland commune: the kitchen

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Wed Dec 7 18:17:56 PST 2011

I have never seen a text that used the word "Weatherman" without at best falling into nonsense. Lou Proyet has made himself brain-damage through his obsession with this group of political trash. They were anti-political, and any discussion of them falls away from politics. They were not ultra-left because to be ultra-left you first have to be left, and they were not. They were trash. Leave them alone in their utter idiotic isolation.

Carrol

-----Original Message----- From: lbo-talk-bounces at lbo-talk.org [mailto:lbo-talk-bounces at lbo-talk.org] On Behalf Of Michael Smith Sent: Wednesday, December 07, 2011 5:23 PM To: lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org Subject: Re: [lbo-talk] the beating heart of oakland commune: the kitchen

On Wed, 7 Dec 2011 18:02:24 -0500 Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com> wrote:

> On Dec 7, 2011, at 5:39 PM, shag carpet bomb wrote:
>
> > Aaron Bady's piece is required reading:
> > http://www.possible-futures.org/2011/12/05/oakland-commune/
>
> Jesus. We're at the Weathermen phase already? It's too easy to hate on the
banks?

Doug, I usually feel that I can follow your train of thought, but you lost me on this one. Weathermen?!

I liked the essay very much. I particularly liked the emphasis on lawbreaking -- the kind of lawbreaking that involves pitching a tent where the cops say you can't. That's absolutely vital.

-- --

Michael J. Smith mjs at smithbowen.net

http://stopmebeforeivoteagain.org http://www.cars-suck.org http://fakesprogress.blogspot.com