[lbo-talk] University Bashing

Michael Smith mjs at smithbowen.net
Wed Dec 7 19:49:48 PST 2011

> Yup. I remember my first techie job at a startup in 1983. Management
> was all thused about creating a "company culture" because, clearly,
> that was the way to superexploit. They were visibly salivating at the
> thought. So we had all these meetings

Har. '83? That was *way* ahead of the curve. I didn't start getting that horseshit until '90 or so. West Coast, right? Weather moves east, as my mom never tires of reminding me.

The poor programmers who just wanted to get back to programming rings very true.

-- --

Michael J. Smith mjs at smithbowen.net

http://stopmebeforeivoteagain.org http://www.cars-suck.org http://fakesprogress.blogspot.com

Any proposition that seems self-evident is almost certainly false.