[lbo-talk] University Bashing

Wojtek S wsoko52 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 8 07:53:44 PST 2011

[WS:] There is a difference between the meaning of the word "institution" in economics & law and sociology. In economics & law it means an incorporated entity that can hold property and do business in its own name; in sociology it means norms & rules of behavior that are shared by members of community and relatively stable.

In other words, institutions in economic & legal sense have agency, in sociological sense - do not.

Wojtek