[lbo-talk] Robert Reich on Robert Reich on Obama

c b cb31450 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 8 09:33:29 PST 2011

Paul Bartlett

Robert Reich on Robert Reich on Obama.

Probably not too different then the AFL-CIO view, but we know how successful they are at getting something in return for their endorsements...

Robert Reich <https://www.facebook.com/RBReich>

Those of you who worry that the President won't follow through on the ideas he put forth yesterday have every reason to be skeptical. But if we organize and mobilize around these ideas -- as the Occupiers have done -- we have a shot at creating a mandate for O and the Dems in 2012 and beyond. Nothing good happens in Washington unless good people outside Washington make it happen. Finally O is offering a large and true picture of where the nation has been and where we must go. He can't get there without us. We have to push him.

^^^^^^^ CB; In 2008 Obama specifically and emphatically said often "change comes from the bottom up" .He even specifically repeated the FDR legendary " great idea ; now go out and make me do it". Also, the blame for shortcomings of Obama initial efforts must be put equally if not more on the backstabbing blue dog Dems in Congress and the shockingly rapidly successful Tea Party anti-Obama mass movement ( which gathered so much steam so fast because of its white supremacist core appeal , though crypto , of course). Any statement like "the President won't follow through " is not paying attention to what we just learned since 2008 if it doesn't say "THE CONGRESS and President won't follow through". Equal responsibility must be placed on both after the latest demonstration of the elementary civics principle that

the Congress is equally powerful or more in all areas of needed pro-working class reforms. The focus on Obama individually is astonishing and suspicious for people who know full well that the US political system is not a Kingshipl A couple of blue dog Senators alone can stop anything with the goddamn autocratic filibuster. This is elementary American civics ignored in focusing on Obama the person as President.