[lbo-talk] Newt explains

Jordan Hayes jmhayes at j-o-r-d-a-n.com
Fri Dec 9 09:12:21 PST 2011

Doug writes:

> Normally, I wouldn't give a damn what Newt does with his
> dick. But he's always going on about moral degeneration
> and such, so it's all fair game.

Just so long as you realize that it lends credibility to the very idea that this is what we should be thiking about. If it's a good yardstick for Newt, it's a good one for Eliott Spitzer.

It's different when it's meant to be funny, like how Colbert uses a (canned!) ham with glasses as a stand-in for Karl Rove. Now that's comedy!

But in this context, I don't think it bears a second thought, let alone a repost. Because here's my takeaway: Doug thinks that Newt is unfit for being POTUS because he's got some fucked-up ideas about how his patriotism relates to his marital fidelity.

Keep yer eye on the ball ...

/jordan