[lbo-talk] Newt explains

Jordan Hayes jmhayes at j-o-r-d-a-n.com
Fri Dec 9 09:49:12 PST 2011

Andy asks:

> You don't think he's funny, in a Trumpish kind of way?

I think it would be difficult to get the center of national politics and power without having some, let's say, personality quirks. But for every Doug who thinks that he's an annoying hypocrite, there's someone out there who will identify strongly with Newt's statement as showing that he's a superior human being afterall, whose faith in God has seen him through troubles-we've-all-had to an appropriate palce in His world, at the top with power.

In the end, they have sucessfully distracted us from talking about anything of real substance.

I mean, who remembers that Newt wants to dismantle Medicare? Or that he's unconvinced that Global Warming Occurs. But I sure do think he's a jerk about his 3 wives!

*shrug*

/jordan