[lbo-talk] Speaking of University Bashing...

Michael Smith mjs at smithbowen.net
Fri Dec 9 11:07:17 PST 2011

On Fri, 9 Dec 2011 18:48:16 +0000 (UTC) 123hop at comcast.net wrote:

> But I would add that the study of Latin is absolutely crucial to the
> understanding of western mental habits and sciences because these
> were shaped by the study of Latin as an ideal or perfect language.

I wish more people believed this, though I'm not sure I do myself.

But I'll be happy to teach Latin to any lbosters who feel the need of it, at bargain rates -- half what Yale would charge. I'd enjoy doing it, and I need the money.

Per aspera ad coquinas venturas!

-- --

Michael J. Smith mjs at smithbowen.net

http://stopmebeforeivoteagain.org http://www.cars-suck.org http://fakesprogress.blogspot.com

Any proposition that seems self-evident is almost certainly false.