[lbo-talk] Speaking of University Bashing...

Marv Gandall marvgand at gmail.com
Sat Dec 10 04:10:24 PST 2011

On 2011-12-09, at 12:15 PM, shag carpet bomb wrote:

> michael smith:
> <>
> <> That's why I think the truly radical demand
> <> is, Education For Pleasure! Pay people to teach
> <> and study useless stuff, just for the merry hell
> <> of it! It's a bit like Carrol's Abolish Prisons
> <> slogan: it's radical because it calls into question
> <> all the unexamined assumptions that underly
> <> conventional wisdom on the subject.
>
> that is why I want to know what people expect schooling to look like
> in the utopian future.
>
> i can't fathom why we'd need it!
>
> if you stop and think about it, in a society with no private property
> and with no need to sort the winners from the also rans, you have zero
> need for schools.
>
> so, yay for schools. looking forward to the day we get to smash them!

Right on! An anthem for the new movement:

WHAT A WONDERFUL WORLD THIS WOULD BE

We'd know more about history Much more about biology We'd know more about a science book We'd know more about the french I took

And I do know that I love you And I know that if you love me too What a wonderful world this would be

We'd know more about geography Much more about trigonometry We'd know more about algebra We'd know what a slide rule is for

We'd know that one and one is two And if this one could be with you What a wonderful world this would be

We'd know more about history We'd know more biology We'd know more about a science book We'd know more about the french I took

And I do know that I love you And I know that if you love me too What a wonderful world this would be

La ta ta ta ta ta ta (History) Ooh ooh ooh ooh ooh ooh (Biology) La ta ta ta ta ta ta (Science book) Ooh ooh ooh ooh ooh ooh (French I took)

And I do know that I love you And I know that if you love me too What a wonderful world this would be