[lbo-talk] A German Europe

Angelus Novus fuerdenkommunismus at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 10 10:51:20 PST 2011

Wojtek wrote:

> but at least German working class gets some crumbs and
even a few morsels.

Only the labor aristocracy in the export-oriented machine industry sector, not the supermarket cashiers at Lidl and Aldi, or the Hartz IV recipients being forced to pick up litter for 1 euro an hour.

Besides, you and Joel are acting like this is a choice between two social models.

I mean, you get that Cameron vs. Merkel isn't about choosing between two welfare systems, right?  It's about Berlin's sado-monetarist imposition of austerity on the rest of the continent.

As for cartels vs. financial markets, I frankly don't give a shit whether the major shareholders are organized through banks rather than through financial markets.

I mean, this is absurd that I even have to say this, but it should be a basic banality right now for anybody who reads a newspaper: in the Eurozone crisis, Germany is the bad guy.  Period.