[lbo-talk] Bailout Total: $29.616 Trillion Dollars

c b cb31450 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 12 09:16:11 PST 2011

Foreign banks operate in the U.S., do business with U.S. banks, and need U.S. dollars. What's with this curious nationalism?

Doug

^^^^^

CB: This would be Internationalism , as in the Internationale, Proletarian Internationalism, Workers of the _World_, unite. The Internationale working class, the 99% of the world , have a beef with the 1% of the world.

Also, it's sort of strange to construe mentioning the foreign banks at this late stage as "nationalism". The initial thrust of protest has been all up to this point to get money from the US "national" banks, only. That would be anti-nationalist, the complete opposite of nationalism. It's not like there is any nationalist favoritism for the US "national" banks in my criticism. I've been "attacking" the "national" banks exclusively. Only now did I add on mention secondarily foreign banks. The demand and protest has been directed at the "national" banks , first and most vigorously. But of course, the capitalist ruling class is international, transnational, and this observation that the US bailed out foreign banks demonstrates that point , which should be broadcast to the 99% to raise working class consciousness.