[lbo-talk] Bailout Total: $29.616 Trillion Dollars: GovernmentAccounting Office says $16 trillion

Marv Gandall marvgand at gmail.com
Mon Dec 12 16:30:05 PST 2011

On 2011-12-12, at 6:42 PM, Jordan Hayes wrote:

> They do, as you say, have a table that has a bunch of numbers which, if you add them up, gives you $16T. They don't, as far as I can tell from reading the report, say what Bernie Sanders says. Or what now c b repeats.

Right. I noted that the text outside the table only refers to 1.1 trillion and ignores the table showing the aggregated number. Sanders jumped on the latter, which I think is misleading and impairs our credibility when we adopt it for propaganda purposes. There are plenty of other ways to nail the Fed on how and where it directed its efforts.