[lbo-talk] Bailout Total: $29.616 Trillion Dollars: Government Accounting Office says $16 trillion

Shane Mage shmage at pipeline.com
Mon Dec 12 20:15:38 PST 2011

On Dec 12, 2011, at 10:35 PM, Dennis Redmond wrote:
> ...the numbers matter, because they're being used
> to witch-hunt deficit spending and Big Government, which are the only
> things which will get us out of the crisis.

Spoken like a liberal. It was deficit spending (by government and banks) and Big Government à la Bush that was supposed to have gotten us out of the 2000 crisis but in fact got us into a much worse crisis. Another round and round again--even worse. This crisis will not be gotten out of until (inch'allah) we have a worldwide titanic surge of carbon-and-nuclear-replacing energy investment. And that won't be even dreamable until after 2020 (saith Durban).

Shane Mage