[lbo-talk] Canada exists Kyoto

Gar Lipow gar.lipow at gmail.com
Tue Dec 13 13:30:22 PST 2011

On Tue, Dec 13, 2011 at 10:18 AM, Wojtek S <wsoko52 at gmail.com> wrote:
> http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-16165033
>
> [WS:] Et tu, Brute?  I understand that Kyoto was pretty much
> toothless, but still it was better than nothing, no?  Gar?
>
> Wojtek

Although it may be better off without the current Canadian government in it. It would be a lot better off if the U.S. had stayed out of negotiations. It was already pretty bad, but a least a battlefield where some fighting was possible. Now, to mix a metaphor, it has been derailed and castrated during the last two negotiations - mainly under Obama's leadership. One area where Obama is clearly worse than Bush. Bush as an open enemy was outside the tent trying to piss in, and had the flap closed. Obama presented to the world as an ally (though they should have known better) was welcomed and pissed all over the carpet and shit on the ceiling.

-- Facebook: Gar Lipow  Twitter: GarLipow Grist Blog: http://www.grist.org/member/1598 Static page: http://www.nohairshirts.com