[lbo-talk] A Crisis of Neo-liberalism or a Crisis of Captialism?"by Christopher Carrico

Dennis Claxton ddclaxton at earthlink.net
Wed Dec 14 04:00:48 PST 2011

At 03:46 AM 12/14/2011, Julio Huato wrote:

>With all due respect, Woj, have you ever pondered the question of how
>"cognitive frameworks" get into our heads in the first place?

dialectic (n.) 1580s, earlier dialatik (late 14c.), from O.Fr. dialectique (12c.), from L. dialectica, from Gk. dialektike (techne) "(art of) philosophical discussion or discourse," fem. of dialektikos "of conversation, discourse," from dialektos "discourse, conversation" (see dialect). Originally synonymous with logic; in modern philosophy refined by Kant, then by Hegel, who made it mean "process of resolving or merging contradictions in character." Related: Dialectics.