[lbo-talk] Occupy the hood: A black perspective on occupy wallstreet

Michael Smith mjs at smithbowen.net
Wed Dec 14 19:40:48 PST 2011

> FM: I'm unfamiliar with examples of this "color blind" rhetoric from OWS. I
> am familiar with criticism of OWS from communities of color, some of it
> substantive, some of it not.

One would like to hear some of the former category. What I have seen has been, well, reactionary -- an attempt to shoehorn the Occupations into patterns of essentially liberal speech and behavior now a generation old. Sad stuff.

-- --

Michael J. Smith mjs at smithbowen.net

http://stopmebeforeivoteagain.org http://www.cars-suck.org http://fakesprogress.blogspot.com

Any proposition that seems self-evident is almost certainly false.