[lbo-talk] Christopher Hitchens dead

John Gulick john_gulick at hotmail.com
Fri Dec 16 07:07:25 PST 2011

Ravi:

>His only redeeming value to me was the [at times suitably ad hominem]

>slap down he delivered to Dinesh D’Souza in one of those otherwise
intolerable
>debates about God and Religion and what not that abound on
YouTube.

John:

The Youtube comments section is of course an infamous wasteland, but why is it that these infantile, retro-18th Century "science vs religion" debates take up such disproportionate residence there? I suppose it's because these are interesting issues to the 12-year-olds who populate Youtube, the youths who believe that because they are arriving at answers to these questions for the first time, the world must have never debated them before?