[lbo-talk] My Letter To CH

// ravi ravi at platosbeard.org
Fri Dec 16 12:31:51 PST 2011

On Dec 16, 2011, at 3:19 PM, Wojtek S wrote:
> Ravi: "So “Islamofascis{m,t}” is “being civil to one another”"
>
> [WS:] Harsh, certainly, but uncivil? It is like calling a spade a
> spade? You do not think that people to whom this referred were
> freedom loving bleeding hearts, do you? Would you object to calling,
> say, Glen Beck a "Christofascist" "Amerifascist" or just plain
> fascist?

It’s not whether I would object to Beck being called a “Christofascist", but whether I would call him that. And I wouldn’t. Because the burden would be on me to demonstrate that that is the case and I have no clue how I would go about doing that (you might not have noticed, but I am not a big fan of American exceptionalism, from the Right or the Left). At any rate, calling Beck a Christofascist when his opinion is the majority one, does not put all practising and non-practising Christians in one bucket of risk.

> Ravi: "what makes it racist in *this* world"
>
> [WS:] Not in *mine.*

Hey well, not all of us get our own worlds to live in :-).

—ravi