[lbo-talk] Christopher Hitchens

Michael Smith mjs at smithbowen.net
Fri Dec 16 20:01:00 PST 2011

On Fri, 16 Dec 2011 17:20:10 -0500 "shag carpet bomb" <shag at cleandraws.com> wrote:

> As for your comment about truth, I'm starting to think you are right
> about that.
>
> What to do about it? What does it mean for political activity?

Sooner or later every giant falls. In any given encounter the giant has an overwhelming advantage; and yet they fall.

For years at a time -- decades -- this can just seem like an article of blind faith. You get discouraged. Then you get events like the last few months, and your batteries get recharged.

What does it mean for political activity? Not to be flippant at all, but I think it means don't go away, and don't shut up, and keep telling what you know even though you lose every debate. Every word spoken is a seed planted. Some fall on stony ground, and some amid thorns; but a few don't.

-- --

Michael J. Smith mjs at smithbowen.net

http://stopmebeforeivoteagain.org http://www.cars-suck.org http://fakesprogress.blogspot.com

Any proposition that seems self-evident is almost certainly false.