[lbo-talk] Oh! Bitchery!

James Heartfield Heartfield at blueyonder.co.uk
Fri Dec 16 20:57:58 PST 2011

Ravi: ‘I am curious — how does one objectively judge these things? Perhaps Eric is using that same objective method and arriving at different conclusions?’ The answer is that *you* don’t judge, you listen to the judgements of others. Read over the obituaries, and the many life assessments before he died. The weight of the judgements are that he was a sharp critic and commentator.

Michael Smith: ‘Oddly enough, Doug, I believe you're the first person so far to have used the term 'racism' in connection with Hitchens.’

no, that was Eric Beck, quoting Richard Seymour’s obituary http://mailman.lbo-talk.org/pipermail/lbo-talk/Week-of-Mon-20111212/016473.html