[lbo-talk] black power mixtape

123hop at comcast.net 123hop at comcast.net
Sun Dec 18 10:17:43 PST 2011

Shag writes:

Excellent stuff. There's an early scene, with Stokely Carmichael hanging around with his mom, the Swedish crew trying to interview her, sitting on an iconic sofa. (If, for nothing else, you should watch this for stunning shots of most awesome circa 1972 sunglasses, skinny mod pants, flared collars, the awesome circa 67ish no-mustache-beard on one of the Swedish camera guys, and Angela Davis's afro on film.)

-------

I agree this was the most powerful scene in the movie. Otherwise, I found the movie a little bland.

If anyone can get their hands on the Aoki movie, it was much better:

http://oaklandnorth.net/2009/11/12/film-on-former-panther-richard-aoki-debuts-tonight/

http://www.aokifilm.com/

Joanna