[lbo-talk] "Anti-intellectualism

Eric Beck ersatzdog at gmail.com
Mon Dec 19 07:05:09 PST 2011

On Mon, Dec 19, 2011 at 7:51 AM, Wojtek S <wsoko52 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Their opposition to "big government"
> entails reluctance to pay taxes to help people viewed as undeserving
> "freeloaders" - including immigrants, lower income earners, and the
> young.

This makes for a "penetrating...study"? I thought everyone knew this. The surfeit of "Keep working... millions on welfare depend on you" bumper stickers and Lou Dobbs clones is a big clue.

I know attributing anything to race is gauche around here these days, but really, the tea party can only be understood as the latest expression of good old American racism.