[lbo-talk] My Letter To CH

SA s11131978 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 19 20:01:25 PST 2011

On 12/19/2011 6:03 PM, Andy wrote:

> On Mon, Dec 19, 2011 at 5:04 PM, farmelantj at juno.com
> <farmelantj at juno.com> wrote:
>>
>> I think I will disagree with Ravi. The Old Hitch, that is the younger Hitch, was a much better writer than most left-wing writers.
>> His defection was a loss for the radical left.
> Is there a collection, or some examples that illustrate this? (Not
> trying to be aggro, I'd just like to see what I missed.)

Have you ever read The Chorus and Cassandra? In 1985 he wrote a gargantuan essay in a tiny review (the excellent old Grand Street) defending Noam Chomsky from his neoconservative attackers in the atmosphere of high Reaganism. The piece takes a meticulous, forensic approach:

http://www.chomsky.info/onchomsky/1985----.htm

SA