[lbo-talk] The Planet is Fine

Fernando Cassia fcassia at gmail.com
Mon Dec 19 23:38:45 PST 2011

On Tue, Dec 20, 2011 at 02:42, Joseph Green <jgreen at communistvoice.org> wrote:
> Environmental reforms, like other reforms, will be partial and subject to be
> taken back under capitalism.

Canada just pulled out of Kyoto, to save money (short term). As long as this kind of rationale continues, we´re screwed, mid-term (In the long run we´re all dead, as Keynes said) .

Back to the original topic: the planet is fine, it will adapt to new weather. The problem is *us* and our actions, not any fault with the planet. Weather is a system, influenced by factors like economic activity and what kind of gases you generate in the process. Sounds easy enough to grasp, but since the current polluting model puts money into the hands of lots of business, understandably there´s a great incentive to preserve the status quo.

FC -- "The purpose of computing is insight, not numbers." Richard Hamming - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hamming_code