[lbo-talk] The Planet is Fine

Jordan Hayes jmhayes at j-o-r-d-a-n.com
Tue Dec 20 13:16:45 PST 2011

Doug writes:

> Yo, the train should be cheaper.

Well, you've lost me. You started off by saying you weren't going to take the train because it was so much cheaper to drive, and you used that as evidence that gas should be more expensive, in order to make people take trains I guess? But you don't have an answer to how much would be appropriate to actually see that happen, and it sounds like even you wouldn't do it.

So what's your point about making them cheaper? Would you take the train if it was $50? Because you're not really taking the kind of trip that would lend itself to an alternative travel mechanism. Even if North and South stations were to magically merge and make the connection reasonable, you're still talking about 6-7 hours and no car on the other end. And, really: Gloucester? That's the example you're going to use?

/jordan

ps: Your drive is probably going to suck, FWIW up I-95 during the winter holiday ... take that into account for your $50 price :-)