[lbo-talk] The Planet is Fine

Jordan Hayes jmhayes at j-o-r-d-a-n.com
Wed Dec 21 10:22:30 PST 2011

Wojtek writes:

> it is possible to take transit even if it takes longer.

That wasn't my point; my point is that, despite Doug insisting that the only people who drive into Manhattan are fathead SUV drivers, the idea of just making it more expensive will not stop people from doing it. I'm surprised that Doug agrees with Bloomberg on this point, because Mike doesn't want congestion to go down, Mike wants poor people to get out of the way of him and his rich friends.

I'm glad you personally have a commute that's amenable to transit and that you put up with the extra time it takes and that you get a benefit out of it.

/jordan