[lbo-talk] why Paul is a fascist

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Fri Dec 23 11:49:30 PST 2011

On Dec 23, 2011, at 2:30 PM, Wojtek S wrote:

> The difference between Dems and Reps is minimal, mainly
> the rhetorical style, but voting is a very low transaction cost
> activity, so why not.

Actually I think a lot of the people active early on in Occupy Wall Street and its spinoffs were young & enthusiastic Obama campaigners in 2008, disillusioned by what a tool of capital he turned out to be. It's not just about voting - people can expend a lot more time and energy than that. In a lot of cases, that expenditure is a waste - but in this case, it turned out to be productive in an unexpected way.

Doug