[lbo-talk] Flat screen tvs?

Max Sawicky sawicky at verizon.net
Fri Dec 23 13:03:03 PST 2011

Go and look at LCD vs plasma, decide which you like better. For LCD, Sony, LG and Sharp are pretty good. For plasma, Panasonic. Size depends on how much you want to spend, how big the room is. You get a lot extra if you make sure to get a model with an ethernet connection that can stream a fistful of Internet services (Netflix, Youtube, Pandora, etc.). You also want enough HDMI inputs so you can plug in a DVD or Blue-ray player and your cable box.

IMO the latest greatest LCD LED things are not worth the extra money.

If you want to go really geek, there are the 3D models, about which I know nothing.