[lbo-talk] Response to troll on Occupy Wall Street face book thread

c b cb31450 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 27 08:27:11 PST 2011

https://www.facebook.com/#!/OccupyWallSt

Dawn Bess I have a job in the same industry I have worked for the last 19 years. I make a dollar more per hour than I did 19 years ago because I rely on tips as a hairstylist and the salon owners use that as justification for not raising our salaries. In the meantime, the haircut prices have doubled over the last 19 years, sooo..... who's getting rich and who's not? I work 25-30 hours a week, which is all the salons will give you now a days in order to avoid paying health benefits. I am currently in college to get out of that industry because I have had enough of working harder in one day than these top CEO's work in a month and barely making enough to get by on. I'm a great hairstylist and when I leave, they will replace me with someone 6 months out of school who will jack up everyone's hair but she'll be happy to have the job cuz the economy is in the pooper. It's the way of the world today and for those who have never wanted for anything, I say to you: Keep watching FOX news and perpetuate the status quo so as to not offend your delicate sensibilities......

Occupy Wall St. Will you join us as we celebrate 2011 and claim 2012, as the year we take back our lives?
>From Colorado to Maine, thousands of occupiers from across America
will be celebrating 2011 and beginning 2012 together at the New Years Eve Party for the 99% in NYC, where it began. At. 9pm we will gather at and around Liberty Square. RSVP if you plan to attend. Occupy 2012: Wall Street New Years Eve Celebration (NYC EVENT PAGE) Saturday, December 31 at 9:00pm LikeUnlike · · Share · Yesterday at 6:34am · 865 people like this.143 shares143 shares

David Wayne Four words you will never hear at a Occupy meeting.. I HAVE A JOB !!! Yesterday at 6:37am · LikeUnlike · 5 Nanette J Wheeler-Carter I wish I could - I'm saving my nickles for Occupy Congress 1/17/12 Yesterday at 6:38am · LikeUnlike · 9 Audette Fulson David: how idiotic. I have a job, and I Occupy. Where I live and also both NY and DC. Yesterday at 6:40am · UnlikeLike · 30 Jennifer Williams actually I have a job. Had one since 14. A lot of people I know who support occupy have jobs, probably should try talking to some people since your getting your news down the grapevine Yesterday at 6:40am · UnlikeLike · 26 Barb Graham who are you kidding? Yesterday at 6:40am · LikeUnlike Jacob Stone let's not forget those of us on the coasts! Yesterday at 6:44am · LikeUnlike · 4 Jennifer Williams phase one my friend. Yesterday at 6:44am · LikeUnlike · 5 Elizabeth Du Bosc David, the correct grammar would indicate: " . . . at *an* Occupy meeting . . .", not *a*. And from what I understand, some Occupy demonstrators have jobs (airline pilots, firefighters, lawyers, doctors, teachers, nurses), and others have been offered jobs (and taken them) due to their speaking out at Occupy demonstrations. Adding these situations to the fact that if "job creators" weren't so busy destroying American jobs, well-paid or otherwise, then there wouldn't be such a need to protest and Occupy, your point is rather . . . pointless and sad. Yesterday at 6:44am · UnlikeLike · 23 Terence Paul Onisko I marched in Occupy Oaklands 10,000 storng with the vets group. We all have jobs and educations. David W. sounds like he has a FAUX education... They keep his head where the sun don't shine... Yesterday at 6:46am · LikeUnlike · 15 Terri Barnes Wish I could be there! Yesterday at 6:46am · LikeUnlike Kate Tucker I don't have a job at the moment David , but I am enjoying moving into my new Appartment , and keeping up to date with the fantastic saviour's that are Occupy. Yesterday at 6:47am · UnlikeLike · 5 Elbetia T. Gurdián Calling people 'you idiots' hardly makes a platform for debate. Try again with some facts next time. Much love Yesterday at 6:47am · LikeUnlike · 6 Terence Paul Onisko I need more coffee... Yesterday at 6:49am · LikeUnlike David Grimesey Mr Wayne is just another stupid person talking stpid talk and can't think Yesterday at 6:49am · LikeUnlike · 1 Anna Gregory Trolls are out (David and Craig). It amazes me how many will not educate themselves and then open their mouths to PROVE how uneducated they are! I so wish I lived near NYC so I could join in. I have had your back and have tried to educate those that I can. My best to all that can attend. OCCUPY Yesterday at 6:50am · LikeUnlike · 11 Todd Glaser David follows Occupy just to speak out about it? I have a job....i feed three kids and a wife and a father-in-law who is out of work. I would occupy if i had the time. Yesterday at 6:50am · LikeUnlike · 10 Nas Karmaggedon Zway I have a full time job and I occupied wall street since the first week everyweekend and throughout the week I was camping out and going to work. Yesterday at 6:51am · LikeUnlike · 18 Anna Gregory And I meant David Wayne and Craig Schmidt! Yesterday at 6:51am · LikeUnlike Sara Ivy I work full time but occupying is my second occupation. Yesterday at 6:52am · LikeUnlike · 14 Patrick Rooks Expect us. Yesterday at 6:55am · LikeUnlike · 3 Dawn Bess I have a job in the same industry I have worked for the last 19 years. I make a dollar more per hour than I did 19 years ago because I rely on tips as a hairstylist and the salon owners use that as justification for not raising our salaries. In the meantime, the haircut prices have doubled over the last 19 years, sooo..... who's getting rich and who's not? I work 25-30 hours a week, which is all the salons will give you now a days in order to avoid paying health benefits. I am currently in college to get out of that industry because I have had enough of working harder in one day than these top CEO's work in a month and barely making enough to get by on. I'm a great hairstylist and when I leave, they will replace me with someone 6 months out of school who will jack up everyone's hair but she'll be happy to have the job cuz the economy is in the pooper. It's the way of the world today and for those who have never wanted for anything, I say to you: Keep watching FOX news and perpetuate the status quo so as to not offend your delicate sensibilities......