[lbo-talk] The German Debate on the Monetary Theory of Value

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Wed Dec 28 17:35:07 PST 2011

Commidity is a function of capitalistst relations; is this relevant to this denate?

cbc

-----Original Message----- From: lbo-talk-bounces at lbo-talk.org [mailto:lbo-talk-bounces at lbo-talk.org] On Behalf Of Michael Pollak Sent: Wednesday, December 28, 2011 7:16 PM To: lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org Subject: Re: [lbo-talk] The German Debate on the Monetary Theory of Value

On Wed, 28 Dec 2011, Julio Huato wrote:

> The logical and historical precedence of commodity money over fiat
> money (I know Graeber thinks differently, but I am unimpressed with
> his understanding of the issues, and I'm past the mid point of his
> book)

Really? I think his historical argument is incontestable. I'd love to hear your counterarguments.