[lbo-talk] A liberal geek defense of Ron Paul

Dennis Claxton ddclaxton at earthlink.net
Sat Dec 31 13:13:10 PST 2011

At 01:03 PM 12/31/2011, Doug Henwood wrote:

> > Because if we are willing to work for it, and fight for it, and
> believe in it, then I am absolutely certain that generations from
> now, we will be able to look back and tell our children that this
> was the moment when we began to provide care for the sick and good
> jobs to the jobless; this was the moment when the rise of the
> oceans began to slow and our planet began to heal; this was the
> moment when we ended a war and secured our nation and restored our
> image as the last, best hope on Earth.
>
>There were some words, too.

"If there are still people here in 200 years, they won't be living the way we do. I can make that prediction with confidence, because if people go on living the way we do, there won't be any people here in 200 years."

Daniel Quinn, quoted in Mindful Economics, by Joel Magnuson

http://www.newsreview.com/chico/capitalisms-fault-lines/content?oid=850017